The United States has a three-level banking system. Credit unions form the third level of this system. They are cooperative credit organizations that issue consumer and mortgage loans at low interest rates.
Such unions are special and make a positive contribution
- They are non-profit organizations;
- They are associated with a specific location, like Scarborough Maine Credit Union;
- They are based on membership, so you may need to meet certain requirements to become a member;
- Usually make fewer demands and charge fewer fees;
- They have proven themselves in the field of customer service and financial education.
These are the only institutions in the country whose activities are tax-free and can be licensed by state authorities.
Photo by engin akyurt on Unsplash